Roasted pumpkin, leek and mushroom cannelloni
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 300g button mushrooms, wiped clean, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 100g baby spinach, plus 50g extra, to serve
- 275g (reserved) roasted pumpkin (from Day 3 recipe, see tips) or 600g pumpkin, roasted (makes 275g roasted pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup (120g) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 500ml passata or salt-reduced tomato pasta sauce
- 4 fresh lasagne sheets
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh parmesan cheese (optional)
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Spray a medium-sized, non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a high heat. Add leek and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add mushrooms to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden. Add garlic and spinach to pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 more minute. Remove frying pan from heat and set aside to cool.
2 Roughly mash pumpkin. Place cool mushroom mixture in a medium-sized bowl with pumpkin and ricotta. Stir to combine filling. Spoon 2/3 cup of the pasta sauce into a 2-litre-capacity baking dish.
3 Cut each lasagne sheet in half crossways. Spoon some of the filling along centre of each half sheet and roll to enclose filling to make 8 cannelloni.
4 Place cannelloni, seam-side down, in prepared baking dish. Cover with remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle with parmesan (if using). Bake for 25 minutes or until cannelloni are cooked.
5 Place 2 cannelloni on each serving plate and serve with extra spinach.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
This recipe is part of our 7 days, 7 dinners feature – make dinners for a week easily, including ‘make ahead’ components to be used in other dishes.
Day 5: Roasted pumpkin, leek and mushroom cannelloni (above)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us