Roasted tomato, olive and asparagus tart
- 2 sheets reduced-fat shortcrust pastry
- olive oil spray
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat ricotta
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- 6 cups rocketarugulaX leaves, to serve
- 1/4 cup balsamic dressing (1 part olive oil to 2 parts balsamic vinegar)
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray an 11cm x 34cm fluted tart tin with removable base with oil. Line tin with pastry, joining edges where necessary. Trim edges and discard excess pastry. Chill in fridge for 15 minutes.
2 Cover pastry shell with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and weights and bake for a further 8–10 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool slightly. Reduce oven to 160°C.
3 Meanwhile, steam or boil asparagus for 2 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold running water.
4 Combine ricotta, parmesan, chives and olives in a medium bowl. Spread ricotta mixture evenly over pastry base. Arrange asparagus over ricotta, then top with tomatoes. Return to oven for 10–15 minutes or until tomatoes are wilted.
5 Sprinkle tart with pumpkin seeds and a handful of rocket. Serve with remaining rocket and balsamic dressing.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.