Roasted tomato, olive and asparagus tart
- 2 sheets reduced-fat shortcrust pastry
- olive spray oil
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved
- 1 ½ cups reduced-fat ricotta
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ¼ cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- 6 cups rocketarugulaX leaves, to serve
- ¼ cup balsamic dressing (1 part olive oil to 2 parts balsamic vinegar)
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray an 11cm x 34cm fluted tart tin with removable base with oil. Line tin with pastry, joining edges where necessary. Trim edges and discard excess pastry. Chill in fridge for 15 minutes.
2 Cover pastry shell with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and weights and bake for a further 8–10 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool slightly. Reduce oven to 160°C.
3 Meanwhile, steam or boil asparagus for 2 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold running water.
4 Combine ricotta, parmesan, chives and olives in a medium bowl. Spread ricotta mixture evenly over pastry base. Arrange asparagus over ricotta, then top with tomatoes. Return to oven for 10–15 minutes or until tomatoes are wilted.
5 Sprinkle tart with pumpkin seeds and a handful of rocket. Serve with remaining rocket and balsamic dressing.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like