Roasted vege frittata with summer salad
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup chopped cooked asparagus (or Brussels sprouts or green beans)*
- 1 cup diced cooked roast potato*
- 1 cup diced cooked roast pumpkin*
- 2 packed cups baby spinach, chopped
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- ½ cup finely sliced spring onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon (zest in frittata, juice over salad)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup parmesan, grated
- ¼ cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- Summer salad
- 200g rocketarugulaX or mesclun mix
- 1 cup sliced (in rounds) cucumber
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- black pepper, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place first eight ingredients in a large bowl. Add lemon zest and mix well.
2 Heat oil in a large 23cm ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mixed vegetables and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
3 While vegetables are heating, whisk eggs in another bowl. Pour eggs over vegetables in hot frying pan. Reduce heat to low and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until eggs have almost set.
4 Sprinkle over parmesan and place pan in hot oven for 10-12 minutes until golden and bubbling.
5 Meanwhile, to make summer salad combine rocket, cucumber and tomatoes in a bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and season with pepper.
6 Remove frittata from oven, scatter over basil and cut in quarters. Serve with summer salad.
*Note: Cost per serve will be less if using leftovers.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.