Sake garlic chicken with spinach
Time to make: 25 mins , plus 30 mins marinating
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 250g skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons cooking sake (or white wine)
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- white pepper, to season
- oil spray
- 200g baby spinach, washed
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups steamed rice, to serve
- 2 serves Seasonal salad with sesame seed dressing
- black sesame seeds, to garnish
Total fat 24g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 In a small bowl place chicken, sake and garlic. Season with white pepper and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2 Place a wok over medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Arrange spinach on a serving plate.
3 Spray wok again with oil and drain chicken, retaining marinade. Stir-fry chicken for 3-5 minutes or until brown. Add marinade, cover wok with lid and steam for a couple of minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
4 Add tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce to wok and stir-fry until caramelised.
5 Add chicken to spinach. Serve with steamed rice and seasonal salad. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Make it gluten free: Check tomato and Worcestershire sauces are gluten free. Check mayonnaise, soy sauce and dashi in salad are gluten free.