Salmon ginger cakes with green slaw
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 300g skinless salmon fillets
- 4 spring onions, very finely sliced
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cups cooked mashed orange kumara
- 1 lime, grated zest
- 1/2 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 3 cups mixed grated courgetteszucchini, summer squashX and cucumbers
- 1 green capsicum, very finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic dressing made with 2 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Cook salmon in a non-stick pan or microwave until tender. Flake finely with a fork. Place in a bowl.
2 Heat a pan with oil spray and cook 2 onions until softened. Add ginger and cook for a few minutes. Add to salmon.
3 Add kumara with lime zest and breadcrumbs. Season and mix well. Divide into 4 patties. Chill for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare coleslaw: mix ingredients together with remaining spring onions.
4 Spray a non-stick pan with oil. Cook cakes until lightly golden, turning once. Serve with coleslaw.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us