Salmon skewers with Moroccan chickpea and parsley salad
Time to make: 25 mins , plus 30 mins marinating
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 8 long wooden skewers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1/4 cup orange juice, plus 1 extra tablespoon
- 400g skinless salmon fillets, cut in 1.5cm cubes
- 2 small courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, trimmed, cut in rounds
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, diced in 1.5cm cubes
- 16 small button mushrooms
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons currants
Total fat 27g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Soak skewers in cold water for 20 minutes. Combine cumin, paprika, ginger and orange juice in a shallow non-metallic bowl. Add salmon fillets. Stir to coat. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Alternately thread salmon cubes, courgettes, capsicum and mushrooms on prepared skewers.
2 To make salad, place chickpeas, parsley, onion, currants and extra orange juice in a large salad bowl. Toss to combine and set aside.
3 Preheat a grill pan or barbecue to high. Cook skewers, turning, for 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender and salmon is golden and cooked to your liking.
4 Divide salad among plates, top each with 2 skewers then serve.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us