Salmon skewers with Moroccan chickpea and parsley salad
- 8 long wooden skewers
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- ¼ cup orange juice, plus 1 extra tablespoon
- 400g skinless salmon fillets, cut in 1.5cm cubes
- 2 small courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, trimmed, cut in rounds
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, diced in 1.5cm cubes
- 16 small button mushrooms
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons currants
1 Soak skewers in cold water for 20 minutes. Combine cumin, paprika, ginger and orange juice in a shallow non-metallic bowl. Add salmon fillets. Stir to coat. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Alternately thread salmon cubes, courgettes, capsicum and mushrooms on prepared skewers.
2 To make salad, place chickpeas, parsley, onion, currants and extra orange juice in a large salad bowl. Toss to combine and set aside.
3 Preheat a grill pan or barbecue to high. Cook skewers, turning, for 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender and salmon is golden and cooked to your liking.
4 Divide salad among plates, top each with 2 skewers then serve.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 27g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like