Sausage saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup hot liquid salt-reduced stock
- spray oil
- 4 lean low-fat Italian sausages, sliced in 2cm slices
- 4 large red or green capsicums, sliced in 8 pieces
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed, halved
- 400g can butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 cups salad greens
- 2 tablespoons low-fat balsamic dressing
1 Place couscous and hot stock in a large bowl. Cover. Set aside.
2 Spray pan with oil. Add sausages and cook for 1 minute. Add capsicums and stir–fry for 5 more minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, microwave beans for 2 minutes then add to pan. Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
3 Fluff couscous with a fork. Combine couscous with beans, sausage mixture, salad greens and dressing. Mix well then serve.
Garnish with some roughly chopped walnuts to add crunch.
Make it gluten free: Prepare brown rice instead of couscous and use gluten-free stock and sausages. Check dressing is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information