- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup hot liquid salt-reduced stock
- spray oil
- 4 lean low-fat Italian sausages, sliced in 2cm slices
- 4 large red or green capsicums, sliced in 8 pieces
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed, halved
- 400g can butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 cups salad greens
- 2 tablespoons low-fat balsamic dressing
1 Place couscous and hot stock in a large bowl. Cover. Set aside.
2 Spray pan with oil. Add sausages and cook for 1 minute. Add capsicums and stir–fry for 5 more minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, microwave beans for 2 minutes then add to pan. Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
3 Fluff couscous with a fork. Combine couscous with beans, sausage mixture, salad greens and dressing. Mix well then serve.
Garnish with some roughly chopped walnuts to add crunch.
Make it gluten free: Prepare brown rice instead of couscous and use gluten-free stock and sausages. Check dressing is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like