Scallops, apple, fennel and herb salsa
- 1 large apple (Tentation® apples are good, if not use Granny Smith or Braeburn)
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon juice
- ½ cup chopped soft herbs such as basil, coriandercilantroX, flat-leaf parsley, chervil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil, to grease
- 30 fresh scallops
1 To make salsa, peel, slice then dice both apple and fennel. Mix together with lemon juice. Add herbs to mixture then add olive oil and season to taste. Set aside.
2 To cook scallops, heat second measure of oil in a frying pan until hot. Add scallops one by one starting at 12 o’clock working around the pan. Season with salt and pepper while in pan. Turn scallops to cook for 30 seconds each side. Once all scallops have been turned, remove from pan. To serve, spoon salsa in the middle of a plate and surround with 5 scallops.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like