Lime chicken curry
(at time of publication)
- Spice paste
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 lime, juice
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500g lean chicken thighs or breast, cubed
- ¾ cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 lime, cut in quarters
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 2-3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 4 cups steamed vegetables such as broccoli
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 4 cups cooked rice, to serve
1 To make spice paste, place paste ingredients in a blender. Process to form a thick paste.
2 Heat oil in a pan and add spice paste. Cook over a low heat for 5 minutes until paste becomes fragrant.
3 Add chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, coating chicken with paste. Add coconut milk, lime quarters, kaffir lime leaves and sweet chilli sauce. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
4 Remove lid for last 10 minutes of cooking to reduce liquid until thick and creamy. Stir in vegetables and cook through. Add salt to taste and garnish with coriander. Serve with rice.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free sweet chilli sauce.
You can buy lemongrass and lime leaves from Asian supermarkets as well as the herb sections of most supermarkets.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us