Spicy prawn and capsicum sauté
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes in tomato juice
- 300g peeled prawns, deveined (thawed if frozen)
- 400g can no-added-salt
- cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups green beans, halved diagonally
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 4 slices toasted grainy sourdough, to serve
1 In a large, deep non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high. Sauté capsicum for 5 minutes, or until slightly softened. Add harissa paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
2 Add tomatoes and juice. Using the back of a spoon, break up tomatoes to release juices. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until reduced slightly. Add prawns and beans. Simmer mixture for 3-4 minutes, or until prawns are cooked through and beans are warmed through and tender.
3 Scatter with coriander and serve dish with sourdough to soak up the spicy tomato sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 14g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check harissa paste is gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us