Spicy prawn and capsicum sauté
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes in tomato juice
- 300g peeled prawns, deveined (thawed if frozen)
- 400g can no-added-salt
- cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups green beans, halved diagonally
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 4 slices toasted grainy sourdough, to serve
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 14g
1 In a large, deep non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high. Sauté capsicum for 5 minutes, or until slightly softened. Add harissa paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
2 Add tomatoes and juice. Using the back of a spoon, break up tomatoes to release juices. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until reduced slightly. Add prawns and beans. Simmer mixture for 3-4 minutes, or until prawns are cooked through and beans are warmed through and tender.
3 Scatter with coriander and serve dish with sourdough to soak up the spicy tomato sauce.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check harissa paste is gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us