Sesame lamb cutlets with kumara mash
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 600g kumara, peeled, cut in chunks
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 12 French-cut lamb cutlets or 8 lamb chops
- oil spray
- 4 spring onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 cups steamed snow peas, to serve
- 4 cups steamed green beans, to serve
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Boil kumara for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
2 Meanwhile, place sesame seeds on a large plate. Firmly press both sides of each lamb cutlet into sesame seeds to coat. Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook cutlets for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove and rest for 2 minutes.
3 Spray frying pan with a little more oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add onions and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add kumara and mash roughly with a fork, keeping some texture.
4 Divide mash among 4 serving plates and top each with 2 lamb cutlets. Serve with greens.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us