Chicken thighs with dukkah couscous salad
(at time of publication)
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 ¼ cups Israeli couscous
- 4 teaspoons dukkah
- 450g skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g boiled or steamed chopped asparagus, green beans or snow peas
- ⅓ cup pitted dates, finely chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat one teaspoon of the oil over medium-high. Add couscous and half the dukkah and cook, stirring well, for 1 minute. Add 2 1/2 cups of boiling water. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a large pan, heat remaining oil over high. Add chicken and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 3 minutes. Sprinkle remaining dukkah over chicken. Cook, turning once, for a further 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through and lightly golden.
- Mix remaining ingredients through couscous mixture.
- To serve, divide couscous and vegetable mixture among 4 plates, top with chicken and garnish with chopped fresh mint or basil.
The couscous salad can be made in advance and kept in the fridge.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 24g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information