Smoked fish chowder
(at time of publication)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium potato, scrubbed and finely diced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and diced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, plus an extra sprinkle, to garnish
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ¼ cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels
- 50g flaked smoked fish (eg. salmon, kahawai)
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a heavy-based pot, heat olive oil over a medium heat. Add potato, spring onion, garlic and smoked paprika and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and 1 cup of water and bring to a simmer. Add broccoli and cook for 5 minutes. Add corn kernels and smoked fish, reserving a handful of fish, and cook until fish is heated through. Remove from heat and add half the sour cream, stirring to combine.
- If you like it thick and creamy, remove 1 cup of the chowder and set aside. Blend remaining chowder. Add the chunky chowder back in, plus the reserved fish.
- Serve garnished with remaining sour cream, parsley and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
Make it gluten free: Check paprika, smoked fish and sour cream are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.