Smoked salmon and rocket pasta
(at time of publication)
- 250g spaghetti pasta
- 250g green beans, trimmed, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 4 cups baby rocketarugulaX
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 200g smoked salmon, torn
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
1 In a large saucepan cook spaghetti following packet directions, adding beans in the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain well, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid.
2 Meanwhile, place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, lemon zest and chilli. Cook for 1 more minute.
3 Add pasta and beans, rocket, lemon juice, olive oil and 1-2 tablespoons pasta cooking liquid to frying pan. Add smoked salmon. Toss to combine and season with pepper. Divide pasta among serving bowls and serve topped with crumbled ricotta.
- Replace salmon with cooked shredded chicken breast.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us