Spicy prawn and quinoa lettuce wrapsReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled, grated
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX plus extra, to garnish
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons castor sugar
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 400g large peeled cooked prawns, de-veined
1 Rinse quinoa well then place in a large saucepan with 2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 12-15 minutes or until all water has evaporated and quinoa is tender. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
2 Meanwhile, place snow peas in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 30 seconds. Refresh peas under cold running water then drain well.
3 Place cooled quinoa, snow peas, carrots, onions, coriander, peanuts and chilli in a large bowl. Place lemon juice, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl and stir to dissolve sugar. Add to quinoa and toss to combine.
4 Divide quinoa among lettuce cups. Top each with prawns and extra coriander. Serve immediately.
- Replace prawns with cooked chicken or pork pieces.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information