Spinach, broccoli and pesto open omelette with lemon ricotta
- oil spray
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons trim milk
- 1 cup bite-sized broccoli florets, lightly steamed
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ cup peas
- 2 tablespoons ricotta
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- squeeze of lemon juice
- black pepper
- chilli flakes, to serve (optional)
- 2 slices toasted grainy bread, to serve
- Spray a small pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. In a small bowl combine eggs and milk then pour mixture into pan. Pull mixture away from edges of pan using a spatula and let uncooked egg flow into the space. After a minute, scatter over broccoli and push gently into egg mixture. Dollop over pesto, then scatter spinach and peas on top.
- Place a lid over pan and let omelette cook another 2 minutes, or until top is set and spinach is wilted.
- While omelette is cooking, in a bowl combine ricotta, lemon zest and juice.
- Serve omelette garnished with lemon ricotta and seasoned with black pepper and chilli flakes (if desired) and toast on the side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 29g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 13g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check pesto is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us