Spring vegetable pasta with garlic breadcrumbs
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 300g curly fettuccine dried pasta
- oil spray
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- pinch dried red chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 leek, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 medium courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup semi-dried tomato, chopped in strips
- 200g low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon zest,
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup pasta water. Return to saucepan.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add garlic, breadcrumbs and chilli flakes. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Transfer to a small bowl and stir through parsley.
3 Return frying pan to heat and spray with a little more oil. Cook leek, asparagus and courgettes for 3–4 minutes until tender. Add to pasta with tomato strips, cottage cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice and reserved pasta water. Toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with garlic breadcrumbs before serving.