Roasted vegetable soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 350g tomatoes, quartered
- 750g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut in 4cm chunks
- 250g courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 ½ cups salt-reduced vegetable stock*
- ½ cup light evaporated milk
- 6 slices gluten-free bread
- 1 cup freshly grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it’s wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Combine onion, garlic, tomatoes, pumpkin, courgettes, capsicum, oregano and oil in a large baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
2 Use a stick blender or a food processor to purée vegetables in batches (leaving a bit chunky), with beans, stock and milk. Pour mixture into a saucepan and heat through.
3 Grill one side of each bread slice. Turn over, sprinkle with cheese and grill until melted. Serve with soup.
Freeze this soup for an easy work lunch or a ready-to-heat dinner.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like