Roasted vegetable soup
(at time of publication)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 350g tomatoes, quartered
- 750g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut in 4cm chunks
- 250g courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 ½ cups salt-reduced vegetable stock*
- ½ cup light evaporated milk
- 6 slices gluten-free bread
- 1 cup freshly grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it’s wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Combine onion, garlic, tomatoes, pumpkin, courgettes, capsicum, oregano and oil in a large baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
2 Use a stick blender or a food processor to purée vegetables in batches (leaving a bit chunky), with beans, stock and milk. Pour mixture into a saucepan and heat through.
3 Grill one side of each bread slice. Turn over, sprinkle with cheese and grill until melted. Serve with soup.
Freeze this soup for an easy work lunch or a ready-to-heat dinner.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.