Tasty mince ballsReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- spray oil, to grease
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons light evaporated milk
- 250g lean beef mince
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup grated vegetables (such as courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, carrots, mushrooms)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon mild English mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a baking tray.
2 In a large bowl beat egg then add evaporated milk and beat. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Use a fork to make sure rice is evenly distributed.
3 Shape heaped tablespoons of the mixture into falafel-sized balls and place on prepared baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes until brown. Serve with pita bread and homemade pasta sauce, and pack in the lunchbox with a chiller pad.
- Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
- Matching snacks: Fresh fruit + low-fat yoghurt.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information