Chinese-style mince with noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ¼ cup Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 600g frozen stir-fry vegetables, partially thawed
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 200g dried thin egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- In a pan, heat sesame oil over medium-high. Add mince, garlic, ginger and Chinese five-spice. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for 2 minutes, or until browned through. Add soy and oyster sauces and Chinese rice wine and simmer for 1 minute. Add stir-fry vegetables and half the spring onions to pan, and toss to heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook egg noodles according to packet instructions, or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of cooking water.
- In a small bowl, combine cornflour with the reserved cooking water to make a paste. Add to beef and vegetable mixture, stirring, until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Divide noodles among 4 serving bowls and top with beef and veges. Garnish with sesame seeds and remaining spring onions.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us