Chinese-style mince with noodles
(at time of publication)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ¼ cup Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 600g frozen stir-fry vegetables, partially thawed
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 200g dried thin egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- In a pan, heat sesame oil over medium-high. Add mince, garlic, ginger and Chinese five-spice. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for 2 minutes, or until browned through. Add soy and oyster sauces and Chinese rice wine and simmer for 1 minute. Add stir-fry vegetables and half the spring onions to pan, and toss to heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook egg noodles according to packet instructions, or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of cooking water.
- In a small bowl, combine cornflour with the reserved cooking water to make a paste. Add to beef and vegetable mixture, stirring, until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Divide noodles among 4 serving bowls and top with beef and veges. Garnish with sesame seeds and remaining spring onions.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.