Thai chicken burgers with apple slaw
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g lean chicken mince
- 2 tablespoons Thai red-curry paste
- 1 bunch fresh coriandercilantroX, stems finely sliced and leaves reserved
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 6 shallots, finely sliced
- 4 large carrots, julienned or finely grated
- 2 medium-sized green apples, julienned or finely grated
- 2 cup bean sprouts
- 4 limes or 2 lemons, juice
- 2 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 4 soft wholemeal bread rolls, halved
Total fat 24g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Combine mince, curry paste, coriander stems, fish sauce and one-third of shallots in a large bowl. Wet hands to thoroughly combine mixture and shape in 4 patties. Refrigerate patties for 10-20 minutes if time permits.
- To make apple coleslaw, in a small bowl combine coriander leaves, remaining shallots, carrots, apple, sprouts and lime (or lemon) juice. Set aside.
- Set a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add oil and heat. Add chicken patties and cook each side for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Place a patty on each burger base. Top patties with half of the reserved apple coleslaw and serve with remaining coleslaw and other roll halves.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free and use gluten-free bread rolls.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us