Thai chicken patties with shredded vege rice saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 500g chicken breast fillets, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- ½ cup chopped coriandercilantroX
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- olive oil spray
- 250g packet 90-second microwavable brown rice
- 400g coleslaw from a packet
- 200g snow peas, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
1 Place chicken, egg white, fish sauce, ginger, lemongrass paste, coriander, half the spring onions and two-thirds of the chilli in a food processor. Blitz until finely chopped.
2 Wet hands to shape 1/4 cupfuls of mixture into 8 small patties. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and place over a medium heat. Add patties in batches and cook for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, microwave rice according to packet directions. Combine rice, coleslaw, snow peas, sesame seeds, lime juice and rice bran oil in a large salad bowl. Toss.
4 Serve Thai chicken patties with vege rice salad and garnish with remaining chilli and spring onions.
Make it gluten free: Check lemongrass paste and fish sauce are gluten free.
You can freeze cooked chicken patties in a resealable bag for up to a month. Reheat frozen patties in the microwave or oven.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 67g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information