Chicken satay curry with brown rice
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt, no-added-sugar peanut butter
- 400g skinless chicken thighs, sliced in chunks
- ½ x 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, diced
- 1 cup green beans, topped and tailed
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 2 x 250g pouches ready-steamed brown rice, to serve
- coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve
1 Combine red curry paste and peanut butter and mix well. Set aside.
2 Heat a heavy-based pan to medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add curry paste mixture and stir to combine. Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
3 Add courgettes and beans and cook, stirring, for 5-10 minutes, until liquid is reduced and chicken is cooked through. Add spinach leaves and peas and cook another minute.
4 Prepare rice according to packet instructions. Serve curry with rice, topped with coriander leaves.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
Leftover coconut milk can be frozen.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.