Prawn tacos with lime and avocado cream
(at time of publication)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oil
- zest and juice of 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 200g frozen raw prawns, thawed
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 cups prepared coleslaw mix (omit dressing)
- 4 small corn sweetcornXtortillas (we used Tio Pablo chicas)
- 2 cups baby spinach or rocketarugulaX
- 2 teaspoons roughly chopped roasted peanuts
- fresh or dried chillies, to garnish
- 2 teaspoons chilli or chipotle sauce, to serve (optional)
1 In a bowl, combine paprika, cumin, oil and lime zest. Add prawns and toss to coat.
2 In a separate bowl, mix avocado, lime juice, yoghurt and a grind of pepper. Combine to make a creamy texture. In another bowl, combine spring onion and slaw.
3 Heat a frying pan over high and add prawns. Cook, turning, for 2-3 minutes, until just cooked through.
4 Heat tortillas in a dry pan. Top tortillas with avocado cream then spinach, slaw, prawns and peanuts. Serve garnished with chilli, chilli sauce, if desired, and lime wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 29g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
Make it gluten free: Check spices, tortillas and chilli sauce are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use Fry’s Battered Prawn-style pieces and vegan yoghurt. Check coleslaw mix, tortillas and chilli or chipotle sauce are vegan.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us