Prawn tacos with lime and avocado cream
(at time of publication)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oil
- zest and juice of 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 200g frozen raw prawns, thawed
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 cups prepared coleslaw mix (omit dressing)
- 4 small corn sweetcornXtortillas (we used Tio Pablo chicas)
- 2 cups baby spinach or rocketarugulaX
- 2 teaspoons roughly chopped roasted peanuts
- fresh or dried chillies, to garnish
- 2 teaspoons chilli or chipotle sauce, to serve (optional)
1 In a bowl, combine paprika, cumin, oil and lime zest. Add prawns and toss to coat.
2 In a separate bowl, mix avocado, lime juice, yoghurt and a grind of pepper. Combine to make a creamy texture. In another bowl, combine spring onion and slaw.
3 Heat a frying pan over high and add prawns. Cook, turning, for 2-3 minutes, until just cooked through.
4 Heat tortillas in a dry pan. Top tortillas with avocado cream then spinach, slaw, prawns and peanuts. Serve garnished with chilli, chilli sauce, if desired, and lime wedges.
Make it gluten free: Check spices, tortillas and chilli sauce are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use Fry’s Battered Prawn-style pieces and vegan yoghurt. Check coleslaw mix, tortillas and chilli or chipotle sauce are vegan.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 29g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information