Thai fish cakes
- 500g potatoes (such as desiree), peeled, chopped
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- Dipping sauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons castor sugar
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, sliced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 cups green salad
- lime wedges
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Mash roughly with a fork. Set aside to cool.
2 Add tuna, capsicum, spring onions, coriander, lime zest and egg to pan. Mix well.
3 Shape mixture into 12 patties. Place flour onto a large plate and lightly coat each patty.
4 Brush a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over a high heat. Cook patties in 3 batches for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden.
5 To make dipping sauce, mix all ingredients in a bowl. Serve cakes with sauce, rice, salad and lime wedges.
Make it gluten free: Replace flour with rice flour, and use gluten-free tamari in the dipping sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.