Sweet chilli chicken and noodle salad
(at time of publication)
- 200g vermicelli rice noodles
- 250g cooked skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 2 small cucumbers, halved, deseeded, cut in sticks
- 2 carrots, cut in sticks
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 125g bean sprouts
- ½ cup each fresh mint, coriandercilantroX and Thai basil or basil
- Sweet chilli dressing
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice
1 Place noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water and simmer for 4 minutes until softened. Drain noodles, refresh in cold water and drain again. Set aside.
2 Meanwhile, make Sweet chilli dressing. Place all dressing ingredients into a food processor or blender and purée until smooth. Set aside.
3 Place noodles, chicken, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, bean sprouts and herbs into a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine. Divide among bowls and serve immediately or keep in the fridge and take to work for lunch.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free fish sauce.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us