Quick nasi goreng
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- spray oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 200g skinless chicken breast, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (or more, to taste)
- 1 cup prawns, defrosted
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cup bean sprouts, to garnish
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan well with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add egg and swirl in pan to make a thin omelette. Cook for 1 minute until set. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Spray pan again and add spring onion and ginger. Cook for 1 minute. Add chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add curry powder and chilli flakes and toss chicken to coat. Add prawns to pan and cook for 2 minutes more, until prawns are just cooked. Add rice and stir to coat with spices. Add chilli sauce, peas and spinach and combine. Slice omelette into strips and add to rice.
- When chicken is cooked through, serve garnished with bean sprouts and extra chilli flakes, if desired.
Make it low FODMAP: Only use the green tips of the spring onion. Choose a curry powder and chilli sauce that do not contain onion or garlic. Swap frozen peas for chopped green beans.
Make it gluten free: Check curry powder and chilli sauce are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us