Tomato-basil meat loaf
- 500g lean beef mince
- ¾ cup fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small courgettezucchiniX, grated
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup semi-dried tomatoes drained, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 500g kumarasweet-potatoX
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 4 cups green vegetables, steamed
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Line the base and sides of a 10cm x 21cm x 7cm loaf tin with baking paper, allowing paper to overhang by 2cm on the 2 long sides.
2 Place all the ingredients (except kumara, milk and steamed greens) in a large mixing bowl. Use clean hands to mix until well combined. Spoon into loaf tin and press down firmly. Bake for 25 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, cook kumara until tender. Remove from heat, add milk and mash until smooth. Keep warm.
4 Remove meat loaf from oven, drain excess fat and return to oven for 15 more minutes until meat loaf is firm and shrinks from sides of tin. Cool slightly then using paper handles remove from tin. Cut in thick slices and serve with kumara mash and vegetables.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like