Vegan banana bread
- 2 cups plain flourall purpose flourX
- ½ cup light brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ cup dairy-free spread
- 3 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup dark vegan chocolate
- ⅓ cup pecans
1 Heat the oven to 170°C/fan 150°C/gas 3. Line a 1kg loaf tin with non-stick baking paper.
2 Put all the ingredients except the dark chocolate and pecans into a food processor and whiz to a thick mixture. Take out the blade and scrape any excess mixture back into the bowl.
3 Break the dark chocolate and pecans into small pieces and tip them into the bowl. Mix everything together.
4 Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and put it in the oven. Bake for 60–65 min Until a skewer inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Take the tin out of the oven and leave the bread to cool to room temperature. Once cool, remove the bread from the tin and cut into 12 slices to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 3.1g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information