Apple and blackberry crêpes
(at time of publication)
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 2 tablespoons castor sugar
- 2–3 drops vanilla extract
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 300g blackberries (frozen or fresh)
- 8 basic crêpes (see tip)
- 1 cup reduced-fat Greek yoghurt, to serve
1 To make filling place apples, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a pan with 2 tablespoons water. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes until apples are soft. Add blackberries. Cook for 5 more minutes.
2 Top each crêpe with one-eighth of the fruit mixture and fold over. Serve one crêpe per person with yoghurt and any extra filling on the side.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free rice flour in crêpe mix and check cinnamon and yoghurt are gluten free.
1 cup flour
2 medium-sized eggs, lightly beaten
200ml trim milk
Step 1 Sift flour into a bowl. Add eggs, milk and 100ml cold water. Whisk until smooth.
Step 2 Spray a non-stick frying pan with a little oil and place over a medium heat. For 1 crepe swirl 4–5 tablespoons of batter to coat base of pan. Cook for 1–2 minutes until golden. Flip or turn crêpe over. Cook for 1 more minute until golden.
Step 3 Transfer each crepe to a plate and cover with a thick tea towel to keep warm.
Five crêpe ideas
- Spread each crêpe with 1 teaspoon lemon curd and serve with fresh or frozen berries.
- Top crêpes with sliced banana and serve with a drizzle of honey and a dollop of low-fat yoghurt.
- Top with pineapple and passionfruit and serve with light coconut milk and mango-flavoured frozen yoghurt.
- Add sliced mango and vanilla fromage frais.
- Spread each crêpe with 2 teaspoons low-fat tropical yoghurt and top with sliced golden kiwifruit.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.