Traffic light slushyReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 cups watermelon, chopped and seeded
- 2 cups rockmelon, chopped and seeded
- 2 cups honeydew or prince melon, chopped and seeded
- fresh mint, to garnish
- In a blender, process watermelon until smooth. Pour into a shallow plastic container. Rinse blender and repeat with rockmelon, then honeydew. Place the three containers in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight, until frozen.
- About 20 minutes before you’re ready to serve, remove the frozen melon from freezer to allow it to thaw a little. Using a fork, mash to a slushy consistency.
- To serve, spoon honeydew melon among six glasses. Repeat with a rockmelon layer. Finish with a watermelon layer in each glass and garnish with mint.
Stir the melon a few times as it freezes, for a better consistency.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 0g
–Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information