Vegetarian korma curry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon korma curry paste
- 3/4 cup diced pumpkin
- 1/4 cup dried red lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 2 teaspoons coconut milk powder
- freshly ground black pepper, to season
- coriandercilantroX sprigs, to serve
- 2 tablespoons raita (cucumber and yoghurt dip)
- 1 piece plain naan bread
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 14g
1 Spray a small saucepan with oil and place over a medium heat. Add spring onions and capsicum and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
2 Add pumpkin, lentils and 3/4 cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender and lentils cooked.
3 Add beans in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Stir together coconut milk powder and 1 tablespoon of warm water then stir into curry. Season with freshly ground black pepper and top with coriander. Serve with raita and warm naan.
Coconut milk powder is a useful ingredient when cooking for one, but if you’re using it to make coconut milk, don’t follow the on-pack instructions as this will be high in saturated fat. Make a light version by mixing 1/4 cup powder mixed with 230ml water to make 1 cup.