Venison and vege spicy noodles
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon minced or finely grated ginger
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- 250g rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 500g venison mince
- ½ red chilli, sliced (or more if you prefer)
- 1 courgette, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cup broccoli florets, blanched
- 2 cups baby spinach
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Combine sauce ingredients in a jug. Mix well to combine. Set aside.
2 Cook rice noodles following packet directions. Rinse under cold water and toss with half the sesame oil. Set aside.
3 Heat remaining sesame oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add garlic and spring onions. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add venison and stir-fry (in batches if your pan is not big enough) for about 5 minutes until browned. Add all vegetables except spinach and stir-fry 2 more minutes.
4 Add sauce and baby spinach to pan and bring to a simmer. Add noodles and stir well to combine.
Serve noodles garnished with sesame seeds and sliced chillies.
- Make it gluten free: Check tomato paste is gluten free and use gluten-free soy sauce.
- Use beef or chicken mince instead of venison.
- Use different noodles such as egg noodles or soba noodles.
- Vary the veges: Try capsicum, cauliflower, celery or bok choy.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter to the sauce (add a bit more hot water, too) to make a satay-style noodle dish.
- Leave the noodles out and serve the meat and vege mixture with steamed brown rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.