Spicy beef with pineapple and mint salsa
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 500g sirloin steak, excess fat removed, diced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun spice mix
- 2 cups quick-cook brown rice
- 410g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 medium-sized carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- ½ cup canned pineapple pieces, juice drained
1 Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with oil. When hot add steak and spice mix. Stir-fry until browned and cooked to your liking. Remove from heat. Set aside.
2 Cook rice following packet directions then in a large bowl combine, rice, beans, spinach and carrot.
3 To make salsa, combine salsa ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
4 Serve rice salad topped with beef and salsa on the side.
Make it gluten free: Check spice mix is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information