Warm Moroccan chicken and Israeli couscous salad
(at time of publication)
- 4 cups peeled and diced pumpkin
- 4 cups small cauliflower florets
- olive oil spray
- 250g Israeli (pearl) couscous
- 400g chicken tenderloins
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
- 50g reduced-salt feta, crumbled
1 Preheat oven to 200°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Spread pumpkin and cauliflower over the trays, spray with olive oil and roast for 30—35 minutes, or until slightly golden and cooked.
2 Cook the couscous according to packet instructions. Fluff with a fork when cooked.
3 Meanwhile place a large non-stick frying pan or chargrill pan over medium-high heat and spray with olive oil. Sprinkle chicken tenderloins evenly with Moroccan seasoning and cook for 5 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through.
4 Slice the chicken. Toss roasted pumpkin and cauliflower, rocket, almonds and feta through the couscous, and divide among 4 serving bowls. Top with the sliced chicken and serve.
- Choose a Moroccan seasoning without added salt.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free couscous and check seasoning is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us