Warm Moroccan chicken and Israeli couscous salad
- 4 cups peeled and diced pumpkin
- 4 cups small cauliflower florets
- olive oil spray
- 250g Israeli (pearl) couscous
- 400g chicken tenderloins
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
- 50g reduced-salt feta, crumbled
1 Preheat oven to 200°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Spread pumpkin and cauliflower over the trays, spray with olive oil and roast for 30—35 minutes, or until slightly golden and cooked.
2 Cook the couscous according to packet instructions. Fluff with a fork when cooked.
3 Meanwhile place a large non-stick frying pan or chargrill pan over medium-high heat and spray with olive oil. Sprinkle chicken tenderloins evenly with Moroccan seasoning and cook for 5 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through.
4 Slice the chicken. Toss roasted pumpkin and cauliflower, rocket, almonds and feta through the couscous, and divide among 4 serving bowls. Top with the sliced chicken and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Choose a Moroccan seasoning without added salt.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free couscous and check seasoning is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us