(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 pack ready-bagged coleslaw (I used Leader Brand Broccoslaw)
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely sliced or 1 teaspoon 'Fresh As' freeze-dried
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely sliced (optional)
- 1 shallot, finely sliced (or use spring onion)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
1 Cook chicken mince in a non-stick pan in a spray of oil. Break up with a spoon and stir until well cooked. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2 To make the dressing, combine fish sauce, sugar and lime juice. Add 1/4 cup pf water and mix well. You can also add a little dried chilli to this dressing if you want more kick.
3 Add coleslaw, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, mint, shallot and chilli (if using) to cooled chicken mince and mix well. Add dressing and stir to combine. Serve with brown rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
Last updated date: 13 March 2019
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us