Crispy parmesan crumbed vegies with eggy dip
- 6 spears asparagus
- 1 courgettezucchiniX, cut into batons
- 3 stems broccolini (or 1 cup small broccoli florets)
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- ½ cup flour
- 3 eggs (1 beaten)
- spray oil
- pepper, to taste
- Wash and dry vegetables. Line a baking dish with baking paper. Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a shallow bowl, combine panko crumbs and parmesan. In another bowl, place flour, and in another 1 beaten egg.
- Dip vegetables in flour, then beaten egg, then crumb mixture. Place on baking dish and spray with oil. Discard remaining crumb and egg.
- Place veges in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until tender and golden.
- While vegetables are cooking, crack remaining eggs into individual ramekins. Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until white is set but yolk is still runny.
- Season with black pepper. Serve vegetables with egg, dipping into egg yolk to eat.
You will use only about half the flour, beaten egg and crumb mixture, but you need to start with enough to easily coat the veges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 26g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like