Whole spice-roasted cauliflower with pomegranate
Time to make: 1 hr 15 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 large whole cauliflower, outer leaves trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup reduced-salt, gluten-free chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free tahini
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Trim the cauliflower base so it sits flat. Using a sharp knife, cut a cross into the base. Place cauliflower in a small baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Rub cauliflower with chilli, fennel seeds and pepper, and drizzle with lemon juice. Pour stock into the dish. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for a further 30 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a skewer. Place on a serving dish. Drizzle the cauliflower with tahini and sprinkle with rind, pomegranate seeds and parsley.
Make it vegan: Use a vegan stock, such as Massel.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.