Za’atar lamb with celery salad and mint yoghurtReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- ¾ cup reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 x 200g lamb backstraps
- ¼ cup za’atar spice mix (we used Alexandra’s)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 200g sugar snap peas
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced diagonally
- 50g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- ⅓ cup fresh small mint leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh small flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 Prepare couscous following packet directions. Fluff grains with a fork, cover and set aside.
2 Meanwhile, place yoghurt and mint in a small bowl. Stir to combine and place in fridge.
3 Sprinkle both sides of lamb with spice mix. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan set over a medium-high heat. Add lamb and cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until done to your liking. Remove lamb from pan, cover and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Cut in thick slices.
4 Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave sugar snap peas until tender then drain. Refresh peas under cold running water and drain. Combine peas with remaining ingredients in a large salad bowl. Toss to combine.
5 Serve za’atar lamb with celery salad, mint yoghurt and couscous.
Make it gluten free: Use quinoa instead of couscous and check yoghurt and spice mix are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information