Sticky chicken bánh mì
Time to make: 40 mins , plus 1-2 hours marinating
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 500g skinless chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 large carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 4 small radishes, sliced thinly into rounds
- spray olive oil
- 1 long baguette, cut into 4 portions
- 2 cups fancy lettuce leaves
- ½ telegraph cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise, or peeled into ribbons
- ¼ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 4 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- fresh chilli, sliced, to garnish (optional)
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 In a large shallow dish, combine soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and place in fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour.
2 In a second shallow bowl, combine vinegar and sugar. Add carrots and radishes, stir to coat then set aside to pickle for 20 minutes. Drain.
3 When chicken has marinated, lightly spray a barbecue hotplate or chargrill pan with oil and heat to medium-high. Grill chicken for 3-4 minutes each side, or until lightly charred and cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 3 minutes before slicing.
4 Cut each baguette portion down the middle. Divide lettuce, cucumber, pickled vegetables, chicken and coriander among baguette portions. Drizzle with chilli sauce, sprinkle with fresh chilli, if using, and serve.
Make it gluten free: Choose gluten-free bread and check soy and sweet chilli sauces are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us