Balsamic pork with roasted pear, spinach and feta salad
(at time of publication)
- 4 large firm, ripe beurre bosc pears, peeled, quartered, cored
- 2 red onions, cut in thin wedges
- spray oil
- 4 x 140g pork loin cutlets
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 75g feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup lightly toasted pumpkin seeds
- balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
1 Preheat flat barbecue grill to a medium heat. Spray pears and onion with oil. Cook for about 5 minutes until browned.
2 Meanwhile, sprinkle pork with cumin. Barbecue pork on grill for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked to your liking.
3 In a large mixing bowl place roasted pears, onion, spinach, beans, feta and pumpkin seeds. Gently toss to combine. Divide salad among 4 serving plates and top each with a pork cutlet. Drizzle with a little balsamic and serve immediately.
Make it gluten free: Check ground cumin is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.