Baked eggplant with cranberry and mint
- 4 small or 2 large eggplantaubergineXs, halved lengthways
- spray olive oil
- 2 cups hummus
- ¼ cup lemon juice, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 4 cups watercress or rocketarugulaX
- 1 fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus drizzle to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint, plus extra mint leaves to serve
1 Preheat oven to 210°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Score eggplant flesh in a criss-cross pattern, being careful not to pierce skin. Place eggplant, cut-side down, on the tray and spray lightly with oil. Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway, or until golden and tender.
2 Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine hummus and half of the lemon juice.
3 In another bowl, combine watercress, fennel, remaining lemon juice and oil. Toss gently.
4 Drizzle eggplant with oil. Top with hummus, scatter with cranberries, pine nuts, chopped mint and mint leaves. Serve with watercress salad and lemon wedges on the side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 16g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Eggplant, aubergine recipes