Baked kumara with tuna and sour cream
Time to make: 1 hr 20 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 small (about 550g) kumarasweet-potatoX, halved lengthwise
- oil spray
- 250g broccoli, trimmed, cut in small florets
- 100g baby spinach
- 95g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 2 spring onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place kumara cut-side up on tray. Spray with oil. Cover with tinfoil and roast for 30 minutes. Remove tinfoil, roast for 20-23 more minutes or until golden and tender when pierced with a skewer.
2 With 10 minutes to go, blanch broccoli in a saucepan or boiling water for 1 minute or until tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl. Add spinach, tuna, spring onions, corn and sour cream.
3 Scoop inner flesh out of kumara leaving a 1cm-thick shell. Place in bowl with broccoli mixture. Season with pepper and mash with fork to combine. Spoon broccoli mixture into kumara shells and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven for 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
Make it gluten free: Check sour cream is gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)