Banana feijoa bread with crystallised ginger
(at time of publication)
- 1 ¼ cup (170g) homemade gluten-free flour mix (see Tips)
- ¼ cup almond flour/meal
- 2 tablespoons LSA (ground linseed, sunflower, almond) or ground flaxseed/linseed
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon gluten-free ground cinnamon
- 2 overripe bananas
- 6 feijoas, pulp only
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup rice, soy, almond or skim milk
- ½ cup (75g) brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- ¼ cup (30g) crystallised ginger, finely chopped
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a standard loaf tin with baking paper.
2 In a large bowl combine dry ingredients.
3 In a medium-sized bowl mash bananas and feijoas together. Add eggs, rice milk, and brown sugar. Beat well. Fold wet mixture into dry ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
4 Spoon mixture into prepared tin and sprinkle crystallised ginger over. Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and rest in tin for 10 minutes.
- You can use a prepared gluten-free baking mix instead of homemade if you prefer.
- If you can’t get feijoas, use 2 green apples, cut in chunks.
Homemade gluten-free flour mix
Combine 2 cups (270g) brown rice flour, 2/3 cup (87g) tapioca starch and 1/3 cup (48g) gluten-free cornfour. (Makes 3 cups [405g], cost 96 cents per cup.)
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information