Beef Thai salad
Time to make: 40 mins , plus at least 30 mins marinating
( Hands-on time: 30 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Thai dressing/marinade
- 1-2 teaspoons chilli paste or
- 1-2 red chillis (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons crushed ginger
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 600g eye fillet or sirloin beef
- 4 medium potatoes, skins on, cubed
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 130g (1 1/4 cups) mung bean sprouts
- 4 cups mesclun salad mix
- 1 large handful coriandercilantroX
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1 teaspoon honey
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Combine dressing/marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Cut the beef into thin strips and place in a medium bowl. Pour half the dressing over the beef and marinate for at least 30 minutes (or vernight) in the fridge.
2 Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan, cover with water and boil until tender (test with a knife). While the potatoes are cooking toss salad ingredients into a large bowl.
3 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the peanuts and honey and toss until the peanuts are golden (be careful not to burn them). Remove from the pan and set aside.
4 Using the same pan, cook the beef to your liking, remove from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes. Add the potatoes to the salad and serve with the beef, a sprinkle of peanuts and some extra Thai dressing.
Make it gluten free: Check soy and fish sauces are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us