Egg and tofu stir-fried noodles
(at time of publication)
- 175g shelf-fresh wholegrain noodles
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons Chinese rice wine (optional)
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 300g firm tofu, diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g broccolini (or broccoli), halved diagonally
- 1 bunch gai lan (Chinese broccoli) or other Asian greens, stalks cut into 5cm lengths, leaves chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 egg
1 Remove noodles from packet, separate and set aside.
2 Combine sauces with rice wine in a small bowl and set aside.
3 Heat half the peanut oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add tofu in two batches and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until golden; remove and set aside.
4 Return wok to high heat. Gently fry onion and garlic in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add broccolini with 2 tablespoons water and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir-fry gai-lan stalks and capsicum for 1 minute. Stir-fry gai-lan leaves for 1 minute.
5 Break egg into centre of wok and scramble until just cooked. Add reserved noodles, sauce and tofu; toss lightly for 2 minutes, or until noodles and sauce are hot. Serve stir-fried noodles immediately.
Make it gluten free: Use rice noodles and check tofu and sauces are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.