Egg and tofu stir-fried noodles
(at time of publication)
- 175g shelf-fresh wholegrain noodles
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons Chinese rice wine (optional)
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 300g firm tofu, diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g broccolini (or broccoli), halved diagonally
- 1 bunch gai lan (Chinese broccoli) or other Asian greens, stalks cut into 5cm lengths, leaves chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 egg
1 Remove noodles from packet, separate and set aside.
2 Combine sauces with rice wine in a small bowl and set aside.
3 Heat half the peanut oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add tofu in two batches and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until golden; remove and set aside.
4 Return wok to high heat. Gently fry onion and garlic in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add broccolini with 2 tablespoons water and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir-fry gai-lan stalks and capsicum for 1 minute. Stir-fry gai-lan leaves for 1 minute.
5 Break egg into centre of wok and scramble until just cooked. Add reserved noodles, sauce and tofu; toss lightly for 2 minutes, or until noodles and sauce are hot. Serve stir-fried noodles immediately.
Make it gluten free: Use rice noodles and check tofu and sauces are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us