Oat, pecan and sultana biscuits
- 80g reduced-fat spread
- 1 cup brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups plain flourall purpose flourX
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt (optional)
- 1 cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pecans
- ¼ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl beat spread, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer, until pale and creamy. Add egg and mix until well combined. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt (if using) into mixture. Add rolled oats. Stir until just combined. Fold in pecans and sultanas.
- Roll level tablespoons of dough into 28 balls and place 3cm apart on prepared trays. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until biscuits are golden, swapping trays halfway through cooking time. Allow to cool on trays.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
Make it low FODMAP: Use gluten-free flour that does not contain soy, garbanzo bean or lupin flours or amaranth. Sultanas are high FODMAP in 1 tablespoon serves,but the amount used in this recipe is low FODMAP provided you limit your serve to 1 biscuit.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us