Bolognese pasta bake
(at time of publication)
- 250g Orgran Corn SweetcornXand vegetable pasta shells
- 300g lean beef mince
- oil spray
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free mixed herbs or basil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated carrot
- ⅓ cup gluten-free semi-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups homemade passata OR 400g can gluten-free chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free stock powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup red wine
- 6 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- ¼ cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs (made from gluten-free bread)
1 Cook pasta following packet directions. Brown mince in a non-stick pan with oil spray, garlic and basil. Add mushrooms, onion and carrot. Cook for a few more minutes.
2 Preheat oven to 180°C. Add all tomatoes, stock powder, sugar and wine to mince and heat through. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain pasta and place in an ovenproof dish with mince.
3 Spoon yoghurt over bake. Sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs and bake at for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Garnish with fresh parsley if you prefer.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us