Carrot and orange cupcakes
(at time of publication)
- 2 cups gluten-free baking mix (we used Healtheries)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled, roughly grated
- 1 cup trim milk
- ⅓ cup light olive oil
- ½ cup (75g) firmly packed brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 thin slices orange, halved
- 2 tablespoons apricot jamjellyX, warmed, to glaze
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 12 x 1/3-cup muffin-tin holes with paper cases.
2 In a large bowl place all ingredients (except orange slices and jam) and stir to combine.
3 Divide batter among muffin-tin holes, topping each with half an orange slice and bake for 25 minutes. Leave cooked cupcakes to stand in muffin tin for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
4 Place apricot jam in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon boiling water. Stir to combine. Brush cupcakes with jam mixture and serve.
For those who have coeliac disease: Check baking powder and spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us