Carrot and orange cupcakesReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 cups gluten-free baking mix (we used Healtheries)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled, roughly grated
- 1 cup skim milk
- ⅓ cup light olive oil
- ½ cup (75g) firmly packed brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 thin slices orange, halved
- 2 tablespoons apricot jamjellyX, warmed, to glaze
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 12 x 1/3-cup muffin-tin holes with paper cases.
2 In a large bowl place all ingredients (except orange slices and jam) and stir to combine.
3 Divide batter among muffin-tin holes, topping each with half an orange slice and bake for 25 minutes. Leave cooked cupcakes to stand in muffin tin for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
4 Place apricot jam in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon boiling water. Stir to combine. Brush cupcakes with jam mixture and serve.
For those who have coeliac disease: Check baking powder and spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information