Vegan tomato and bean chilli
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 red capsicums, diced
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced (use less for a milder flavour)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans kidney beans in water, drained
1 Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3–5 min until browned. Add the garlic, peppers, chilli and spices and cook, stirring, for 2 min. Add the tomatoes and beans, then simmer for 15–20 min, stirring occasionally.
2 Serve the chilli with jacket potatoes, boiled brown rice or oven-baked potato wedges, or use it as the base for one of our delicious recipes.
Serve with cooked brown rice, or in tacos or burritos.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 2g
–Saturated fat 0.3g
Dietary fibre 7.6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.